Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Profound Insanity

Ya..Whatever !

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tongue-tied

Have you ever been in a situation when you are tongue-tied?.Tongue-tied, not in shock,not in fear,not in an awe inspiring way, but in a dumb way.

There is this queer question thrown at you or some odd comment passed on you and you just dont have the wit to give back with an equally quaint reply.When you fail to utter the right words at the right time.When everybody is hanging on for your response, to the remark hurled at you,and here you are taking a billion years to just say something, something coherent to prove that you are smart!,you are not what is being made out of you!.

Sadly,I have been in such situations many a time. When I think about these incidents later , the most wittiest thing I could have said stikes to me.But alas, the time has passed my friend and you have been nailed!

I wonder if there exists any other person in this human species as dim-witted as me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrudula Sreekanth said...

Don't worry. I completely understand what you mean. I have also been through such situations many times. After a while I can think of half a dozen things I could have said but not a single sane reply comes to my mind when actually required!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

:)
thanks hardu!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home