Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Profound Insanity

Ya..Whatever !

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Two Books and A Movie

Two Books and A Movie--that about describes my labour day weekend.

Scoop by Evelyn Waugh - Extremely witty and very enjoyable read.It is about a small time writer William Boot who, mistakenly, gets sent as a special correspondent to Africa to cover a possible revolution.The book is an hilarious account of his time in Africa.He succeeds in getting scoops for his newspaper,'The Beast", but not without amusing adventures.

Mr Blandings Builds hid Dream House by Eric Hodgins,William Steig - I liked this book so much that it is now in my favourite books list. Remember the TV Serial,'Wagle Ki Duniya', which used to to telecast on DD long time ago...the protagonist of this novel, MrBlandings, is a Mr.Wagle like character.He is a simple man with few needs until he plans to build a cosy home.As the title suggests, he sets out to build a house in country far away from the city.His encouters with Real Estate Agent,the Architect,the Building Contractor, the Plumber,the Electricity Personnel, etc...make up the hilarous content of the book.Even though this book was written way back in 1940s..it is still very much relevant to the current state of affairs.I recommend this book to any person who sets out to build a house !

Lage Raho MunnaBhai - Well what can I say about this movie, except, kya mast picture banaya mamu..;-) . This movie almost lives upto its predecessor, but for a few things.The 'jadu ki jhappi' was the most missed part, Arshad Warsi cud have had a bigger role. Otherwise the movie is a great entertainer.The best surprise package was the 30 second-Abishek Bachachan screen appearance.

Hence was spent the best parts of labour day weekend amidst fun and laughter :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The book sounds like good fun. I should look for it. The reason being I used to lik Wagle Ki Duniy and so I will enjoy the book as well.

Munna Bhai, even Adi has put up a post on that and as I cannot get to watch it in the theatre, I am downloading it from the net. :)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

cool..enjoy the book and watching the movie :-)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mysorean said...

Jo:
You shouldn't have exposed Abhishek Bachchan's appearance here!
I was so so surprised when I saw him!
How are you doing? Feeling giddy and heavy around the abdomen and all that?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

adi: thanks for stopping by ! I am doing fine. The little one inside me is having a quite a ball nowadays :-)
About AbB-me too..I was so overwhelmed that, I almost let out a shriek..;-)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home