Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Profound Insanity

Ya..Whatever !

Monday, April 17, 2006

Doodh..Doodh..Doodh

Doodh...Doodh...Doodh...Doodh
Doodh Hai Wonderful
Pi Sakte Ho Roz Glassful
Doodh...Doodh...Doodh...Doodh

If you were in India during the late 80's and early 90's, you would never have missed this Mother Dairy commercial on the idiot box.It had a very catchy song with interesting ways in which you can drink milk.

Milk is a very important part of ones diet as a kid.I bet that across households all over the world,children as coaxed,bullied,terrorised,intimidated and dunno what not..into doing one thing which they hate the most...DRINK MILK !!!

As a kid I was no different, I just hated milk,the look of it,smell of it , the taste of it ..everything about it.I would come up with all sorts of excuses to avoid drinking that awful liquid.But my mom was one steadfast lady, who would not give up that easily.At first,she tried various means to make me take a liking to it.It was mixed with various things like Horlicks,Boost,Bournvita..etc..but it was still milk and I still hated it :( .

Later she started using other means.I was terrorised that various things would happen to me if I would not drink milk.For eg.,As a kid I was threatend that, I would be given away to the milk man if I do not drink milk.The story was the milkman's family had milk all 3 times a day,no other food.Me in my innocence believed it and drank it up thinking once in a day is more than I can take.It was so ingrained that I had to drink milk to build stamina,to grow taller,to have a good complexion,to avoid pimples, to have thick,lustrous locks...even to pass my exams!.I was so terrorised that I drank milk right thru college.Any day, I tried to avoid milk,my mom would be up, all in arms.Sometimes she would let go, and then as if to prove her right, a tiny pimple would sprout from some where.And there she would go..and explain that it had to happen because ..you know why...MILK !!!

I hated milk so much that , I could never myself into drinking it in any other form like tea/coffee.milkshake etc... Or was it that I was so addicted to plain milk ?? :( . Till not long ago I never even ate curds,because somehow it tasted like milk for me. Oh yeah, but not Ice Cream, its made of ice and cream right ? not milk..;).I waited for the day I would step out and go to a hostel so that I can avoid drinking milk. But Alas, I studied in the same city which I grew up and there was no need for me to go far and wide for gain knowledge.

So,I could not escape milk as long as I was at my parents' place and Once I got married, I thought I was done with milk for good. I rejoiced that now there is no one to persuade me, but alas !!.

God is a great leveller,once my mom was out of the way...along came S. Need I say more????

9 Comments:

Blogger Mrudula Sreekanth said...

he he he. But you have complete control over S. If he makes you drink milk, then that day make the dish he dislikes the most. ;) Then he will not try to make you drink milk anymore. :P I am wicked girl teaching you all bad things. :P

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

thanks for the help wicked girl ;) Today's quota of milk is already consumed,so will try this trick tomorrow...and let u know what happens ;)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger pavan kumar said...

My staple diet was curd, and I hated milk more than my class bully. But got used to milk after my mom purchased a gun :) BTW that commercial rocked!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger pavan kumar said...

and to get S off forcing you on consuming milk, start a rumor on Cal Mad Cow Disease. And stress on the "Mad" part :D

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

hardu : I made cabbage curry which S dislikes and tried hard to spoil it..But Alas, like all my evil plans..this too failed..it turned out to be so good...S just gobbled it up..!!!..Hmmm...Need to try other tricks now !

pavan : nobody can argue with mom-with-gun :).Cal Mad Cow Disease - didn't you read the title of my blog ??

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mrudula Sreekanth said...

Aiyyo da. Yes, try out something more evil this time.. *devil laugh*.. :D

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger shub said...

:)) but I like plain cooollllllld milk straight out of the fridge :D

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i need the video of this doodh campaign..

can u plz mail it to me if u hace the same..
thanks

vinitaaggarw@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ad only came out in the mid 90s btw

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home