Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Profound Insanity

Ya..Whatever !

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pregnancy Perks - I

Let me tell you, out of personal experience, that pregnancy is not all about nausea, cravings and hormones. There are quite a lot of perks that come along
  • Bosses are more charitable - they do not drop in, at the fag end of the day, to ask me to do something 'real quick'.
  • Co-workers , especially women, make you feel special by offering sinful treats for those hunger pangs which catch you offguard.
  • That elderly lady who turns out in crisp business suits even on fridays and romps around with an air of aristocracy, gives sympathetic smiles everytime you run into her in rest room.
  • That woman in the marketing department whom I never liked, gives me "when-will-I-ever-get-married-AND-pregnant"look , while I give her the 'blissfully-happy" look **evil grin** :-)
  • The carpool partner does not crib if I want to leave work early.
  • People hold the elevator door, as I snail my way to it from the front door.
  • It makes me feel so important, when my baby's due date figures in the project plan. That would be the time when I would be taking off so backup plans..et al...

All these are at the work front, there is more to come on the home front... :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

That sounds like a reply to my comment on your last post! ;)

But great post yar! Superb!

"Hunger pangs that catch you offguard"Well, if I define pregnancy that way, then even I must be pregnant! ;) LOL!

Just kidding jo! Waiting for Part - II!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the part on the home front. :)

Sunday, September 10, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

adi : thanks for stopping by ! dont even get me started on the hunger part..it feels like there is a sumo wrestler in my tummy..!!

hardu : yeah..will write about it shortly :)

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger pavan kumar said...

hmmn note to self: open an eatery next to the office with preg women :D

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

:D you sure are having a great time with all that attention huh?
Enjoy as best as you can..;-)
waiting for the remaining part...

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

pavan : yeah , that is one sure shot business which wud never fail..but it wud last only for 9 months though..:)
shark : oh yeah..thanks ! :-)

Monday, September 25, 2006 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home