Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Profound Insanity

Ya..Whatever !

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Priceless Possessions

Shopping :
Noun, Searching for or buying goods or services

This is what the dic says is the meaning of the word.It means various things to different people.Each one indulges in it in their own way.I have seen three types of shoppers.

There are some like my mom who love shopping and that too with an entourage in tow.She takes along everyone who show interest in tagging along.I personally feel these people come along so that they too can gain from my mom's amazing eye for the best quality things.Other than the items on the shopping list, she ends up buying lots of other things which she might take a liking to.Not only for herself but even for the entourage.She almost always crosses the budget, much to my dad's dismay. But she is a very shrewd shopper and knows how to handle a fair bargain.She maintains a very loyal relationship with the stores she frequents, be it the jeweller,the saree store or the neighbourhood sabzi-walla.These people too know her and pamper her accordingly.

There are some like my dad who is quiet shopper.He has a fixed budget and never deviates from the list.He is one of those numerous nameless persons who enter a store buy their booty and leave without anybody ever noticing their presence.

Then there is S, his approach to shopping is like a project manager's approach to new project.He goes about it in a very meticulously planned manner.For eg. if he wants to buy a digital camera.First and foremost he does his research about the various features of a digital camera and what features he is looking for.Then comes the various brands and what features they have to offer. Then he googles about their reviews , prices,where to buy etc.Once he has decided about all these things, he just places an order online or walks into a store goes right to the place where it is displayed and gets his loot home.Almost similar process is followed for things as simple as shirts and for as complicated as cars.

As for me, I am best described as an impulsive buyer.Less said the better about my choosing capabilities.I am so bad at making decisions that I rather buy out all my choices than pick one of them.But sometimes once in a blue moon day, I know what I want and indulge! Or rather let others pampers me with things which I want ;-)

Much shopping was done during the Thanksgiving Weekend!
Self-gratification was attained




Much satisfaction was gained from having indulged in fancy whimsies...





he he he..lots of viewing, reading and laughing is to be done for the rest of the year.
Happy Holidays Everyone !!




3 Comments:

Blogger pavan kumar said...

cool! so < 1 month to go.. around Christmas time eh?

best wishes! btw is it a Calvin/Dennis or a DeeDee (Dexter's lab character: Dexter's sis)?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

thanks pavan!
I guess the little one is going to be a combination of wicked calvin(my genes) and brainy dexter (S's genes) :-)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

wow! I wanted to buy the EXACT same stuff for thanksgiving...
But finally decided not to buy..:( becasue there is no place in my suitcase!!:(((

Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home